Aborting compilation

Pascal Viandier pviandie at accovia.com
Thu Apr 30 19:35:32 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Is there a gpc directive that can issue a message and then abort the
compilation?
I tried {$M ...} but it does not stop the compilation process.

My goal is to prohibit the use of FillChar() in our code by stopping the
compilation when the compiler finds one.

I used a macro that redefines FillChar(a,b,c); as {$M ERROR: Fillchar
use is not allowed!} but this does not seem sufficient to prevent its
usage and its destructive effect on strings :-(

If there is no such compiler directive, any other suggestion is welcome.

Regards

Pascal Viandier