Kubuntu AMD-64 Linux: WHAT no graphics?

twixt at cstone.net twixt at cstone.net
Fri Oct 9 21:53:04 CEST 2009

I installed gpc and all required or recommended packages using
aptitude.
The manual apparently contains no mention of graphics
output.
But that's why I downloaded Pascal in the first place!

Looking through the mailing list archives, I find mention of a GRX
library.
But when I do a search for "grx" within aptitude,
I come up empty.

All I want to do is create a 432 pixel x 378
pixel image with over 2000
different 24-bit colors, all in a very
precise pattern, a fractal shape as a
matter of fact. In the time it
is taking me to find any programming
language that will let me do
this, I suppose I could do it manually with
a graphics editor,
although this would be somewhat tedious.

I can create a 432x378
array of strings, where each string is the
hexadecimal code for a
24-bit color. How can I turn this array into
an image? Does anyone
know of a programming language which
DOES do graphics?

Thanks for your patience.