Kubuntu AMD-64 Linux: WHAT no

Frank Heckenbach ih8mj at fjf.gnu.de
Mon Oct 12 12:03:09 CEST 2009

Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> > I can create a 432x378
> > array of strings, where each string is the
> > hexadecimal code for a
> > 24-bit color. How can I turn this array into
> > an image? Does anyone
> > know of a programming language which
> > DOES do graphics?
>
> You can easily create .pnm file (gradient demo how to do this).
> Then install netpbm package and use for example 'pnmtopng' to
> convert .pnm file to a more popular format.

I'd second Waldek's suggestion. Especially since your array of
strings is already quite close to the PNM format, and you don't need
any library to create the file (simple WriteLn will do :-).

A real graphics library, which will write the image to the screen
(or a virtual context) and read it back to write it to a file is
kind of overkill if you really just want to create the file.

Frank Heckenbach, f.heckenbach at fh-soft.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E
GPC download signing key: ACB3 79B2 7EB2 B7A7 EFDE  D101 CD02 4C9D 0FE0 E5E8