GPC with gcc-4.[23]

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Jun 13 20:48:19 CEST 2011

I did some work on updating gpc to newer gcc versions.  You can
find it at GitHub:

https://github.com/hebisch/gpc

This is experimental work.  4.2 and 4.3 ports (on "master" Git branch)
are basically in "works for my purpose" state: on my machine compiler
builds and passes test suite with small (but nonzero) number of
failures.  On 4.5.1 there is initial port to gcc-4.[45] -- this
one is broken from user point of view and may be of some use
only for people who want to seriously work on the compiler.

Note that this is _not_ a release.  There are relatively easy to
fix but non working things (in particular some features of Makefiles
are broken).  Testing was limited to running testsute just for
one configuration.  I estimate that fixing easily fixable stuff
and polishing things would take me about a week -- unfortunately
I am busy with other things.  So I decided to make the code
available "as is".  If there will be bug reports, I will look
at them and there is reasonable chance that I will fix them.
But otherwise I do not plan to work on gpc in near future.

If you want to try the code note that there are changes to build
process, look at toplevel README file.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl