Latest versions of gpc

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Wed Oct 12 15:25:36 CEST 2011

John Gordon Ollason wrote:

> Having upgraded to Fedora 15 I'd like to install gpc again, but I don't
> know where to look for the latest version.
> I have found a source for gpc-20070904 but I haven't yet managed to
> compile it. (Is that the latest version?)
>
> I suppose that by now the language must have lost most of its users, but I
> still, occasionally, write some Pascal code, and would like to be able to
> compile it.

gpc-20070904 is the latest release.  There is development
version at:

https://github.com/hebisch/gpc

however it less tested.

What problems do you have with compilation?  I have not tested
on Fedora 15 and there may be genuinly new problem there, but
if you follow instructions then gpc-20070904 builds on lot of
Linux variants.  If you do not follow instructins, then there
is a lot of possible problems.  Without further information
like:

exact command you used to configure and build
error messages from gpc compilation

it is impossible to say where is the problem.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl