Windows install

Maurice Lombardi Maurice.Lombardi at ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Jul 17 09:12:07 CEST 2012

Le 17/07/2012 05:53, Jay Michael a écrit :
>       If I want to compile "build_units.pas" from the command line,
> what will cause "gpc" to put each .gpi file in the same directory
> as the corresponding source file?  How will "gpc" even find the
> source files that are not in my current default directory?
>
>       I've been running gpc by specifying the path to the executable
> (rather than by updating my environment PATH).  I found that even
> when I specified enough switches to get it to look somewhere else
> for include files and .gpi files, all new .gpi and .o files were
> deposited in my current default directory.  (That happened to be
> exactly what I wanted -- I didn't want to foul the distribution
> directories with my experiments.)

from the manual gpc.pdf in the directory dev_gpc/info
in the section 5.1 GPC options besides those of GCC

--unit-path=dir[:dir...]
Search the given directories for units and object files.
--object-path=dir[:dir...]
Search the given directories for object files.
--unit-destination-path=dir
Place compiled units (GPI and object files) into the directory dir. The
default is the current directory.
--object-destination-path=dir
Place compiled object files (e.g., from C files, but not from Pascal
units) into the directory dir. The default is the directory given with
‘--unit-destination-path’.
--executable-path=dir
Place the executable compiled into the directory dir. The default is the
main source file’s directory.

You probably should have a look to this manual

Maurice

--
        Maurice Lombardi
Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique,
mailto:Maurice.Lombardi at ujf-grenoble.fr