GPC git

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Fri Jul 27 20:43:00 CEST 2012

Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2012 at 0:41, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
>
> [...]
> > > I have found the issues (under Win32, gcc-3.4.5 backend sources);
> > >
> > > 1. "@true" causes an error in 'pascal.install' and 'pascal.bindist',
> > > so I have removed it.
> >
> > The line is now:
> >
> >  echo "pascal.install done" ; @true
> >
> > Try:
> >
> >  echo "pascal.install done" ; true
> >
> > that is remove '@' sign.  Note: both lines start from a tab.
>
> It does nothing very different compared to removing everything after
> "echo pascal.install done".

The comment above this line says that the semicolon and 'true'
command were added on purpose.  I admit that I do not understand
which problem this tries to fix, but given that it seems
safer to keep it.  We had '; @true' in this line for several
years and nobody complained about it.  Similarely, the fact
that you see no problem after removal of it does not mean that
it will work fine for everybody after removing it.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl