GPC git

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chief at greatchief.plus.com
Sat Jul 28 09:38:25 CEST 2012

On 27 Jul 2012 at 20:43, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> > >  echo "pascal.install done" ; @true
> > >
> > > Try:
> > >
> > >  echo "pascal.install done" ; true
> > >
> > > that is remove '@' sign.  Note: both lines start from a tab.
> >
> > It does nothing very different compared to removing everything after
> > "echo pascal.install done".
>
> The comment above this line says that the semicolon and 'true'
> command were added on purpose.  I admit that I do not understand
> which problem this tries to fix, but given that it seems
> safer to keep it.  We had '; @true' in this line for several
> years and nobody complained about it.  Similarely, the fact
> that you see no problem after removal of it does not mean that
> it will work fine for everybody after removing it.

I get your point, but we are talking about different things. This is
what is in the release tarball:

'pascal.install: pascal.install-normal pascal.install-compiler; @true'

This is what is in the git version:

'pascal.install: pascal.install-normal pascal.install-compiler
	echo "pascal.install done" ; @true'

Seems to me that these lines are not the same?

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.greatchief.plus.com/