string literal as const var parameter

Jay Michael jmichael_ll at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 07:18:39 CEST 2012

gpc 20070904, based on gcc-3.4.5 (mingw special)

     I got a compilation error, "type mismatch", when I passed a string
literal to a routine with a formal parameter of "const var s : string".
In tests, this had been acceptable to the compiler.  I find that whether
it is acceptable seems to be a function of whether the call is preceded
by another call (to a different routine), passing a string literal to
(as?) a "const s : string" formal parameter.

jsm1bad.pas gets a "type mismatch" compilation error.
jsm1ok.pas  compiles, links, and executes.