Windows install

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chief at greatchief.plus.com
Sun Sep 2 19:12:46 CEST 2012

On 1 Sep 2012 at 22:22, Jay Michael wrote:

>      Trying to get the source corresponding to the 20070904 Windows
>      distribution, I have downloaded and unpacked
>
>  gpc-20070904.tar.bz2
>  mingw-gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-2-src.tar.gz
>
>      Between them, they don't seem to be the complete source of the
>      binary distribution I have installed.

Well, they are complete, except for the special collect2, which is a
contribution, and therefore is not part of the main gpc sources.

>      I can't find any reference to "winmain", which I'm sure is involved
>      in a Windows GUI application.

No, it isn't - certainly, not when compiled with gpc. If you're going
to do it all manually, then just supply "-mwindows" and everything
should be okay. You might also need to link the gdi32, comctl32, and
comdlg32 libraries.

>      The only version of "collect2" is in the "gcc" chain.  It doesn't
>      invoke "windres", and it certainly doesn't say "ld-orig" when it
>      can't find "ld".

The sources are in my "contrib" directory:
http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/chief/win32/mingw32/

>      What do I need to download to be in a position to build GPC under
>      and for Windows?

See above.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.greatchief.plus.com/