GPC compiler crash

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chief at greatchief.plus.com
Mon Feb 18 20:46:13 CET 2013

On 18 Feb 2013 at 18:11, Adriaan van Os wrote:

> Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) wrote:
> > Actually, I was able to reproduce this crash. It happened at the point
> > of "dispose (dataprism)". I changed the memory allocation/deallocation
> > calls, and all works well (with "trimax=8006000"):
>
> But using pointers, instead of a global declaration, doesn't change the
> fundamental issue - the 2GB linear memory limit of a 32-bit process.

Indeed - but his data structure is a lot smaller than 2gb (at the
biggest, it is 488mb; and, with "trimax=2003001", it is 122mb). I am
using gpc for Win32, which has the same limit, and there is no segfault
(ditto with 32-bit Ubuntu).

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.greatchief.plus.com/