GPC for MinGW?

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Wed Jun 19 18:53:24 CEST 2013

> If it is possible to integrate GPC into an actual MinGW-based GCC4 port,
> I like to get some hint.
>
> I would like to build in Msys (Windows XP),
> but if it easyer to build under Linux, well then I hope I could do it with
> Knoppix-Live-DVD.

I did not try, but you should have no extra problem due to MinGW.
My impresion was that in the past The Chief reported successful build
of Mingw version based on GCC4.  Note:

- currently using gcc newer than 4.3.x requires serious
  developement work
- 4.3.x works only if you use '--disable-mapped-location' argument
- code for 4.2.x and 4.3.x is inly in github:

https://github.com/hebisch/gpc

Code for gcc 4.1.x is in the gpc-20070904.tar.bz2 tarball.

- There are known testsuite failures when using gcc-4.x backends.
  Since 4.x backends got less use than 3.x one can expect
  unknown problems.  Also, 4.x backends optimize much more
  agressively than 3.x.  Consequently, wrong programs which
  worked "by accident" with 3.x are likely to be broken
  by 4.x.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl