64-Bit Compiler

Kevan Hashemi hashemi at brandeis.edu
Fri Jun 28 16:45:51 CEST 2013

Dear GPC Maintainers,

Is it possible to compile GPC from its existing sources to create a
64-bit Pascal compiler? I am vague on the back-end details of GPC, but
it seems to me we would need a 64-bit version of GCC.

My objective is to produce compiled code that will run on a 64-bit
Scientific Linux machine that has no 32-bit libraries installed (I know
this is an artificial situation, but the IT people at the international
laboratory we work with are fond of artificial situations).

Yours, Kevan

--
Kevan Hashemi, Electrical Engineer
Physics Department, Brandeis University