Compiling GPC on Msys

Kevan Hashemi hashemi at brandeis.edu
Fri Feb 21 00:30:30 CET 2014

Greetings,

I'm trying to compile GPC from sources on Msys, within mingw on 32-bit
Windows 7. Is this possible? The gcc-3.4.6/configure appears to work. It
patches the GCC 3.4.6 for Pascal. I run the makefile, which proceeds for
a while, with warnings like this:

warning: structure 'reg_info_def' used but not defined

Then the compile then fails with:

cc1.exe: error: min-insn-modes.c: Invalid argument

If any of this is familiar, or if I'm missing something obvious, please
let me know. Ultimately, I'd like to be in a position to fix the
GetMicroSecondTime routine, which does not work in Windows, and has not
done so for years.

Yours, Kevan

--
Kevan Hashemi, Electrical Engineer