Compiling GPC on Msys

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Fri Feb 21 20:09:11 CET 2014

Kevan Hashemi wrote:

> I'm trying to compile GPC from sources on Msys, within mingw on 32-bit
> Windows 7. Is this possible? The gcc-3.4.6/configure appears to work. It
> patches the GCC 3.4.6 for Pascal. I run the makefile, which proceeds for
> a while, with warnings like this:
>
> warning: structure 'reg_info_def' used but not defined
>
> Then the compile then fails with:
>
> cc1.exe: error: min-insn-modes.c: Invalid argument
>
> If any of this is familiar, or if I'm missing something obvious, please
> let me know.

Note that this is failure of gcc to compile one of its files.  IME
main source of failures compiling gpc are actually failures
compiling gcc.  So the first thing to try is compiling gcc-3.4.6
_without_ gpc.  If failure persist, then ask Mysys/mingw folks
what patches are needed to compile gcc.  Unfortunatly, Mysys/mingw
folks distribute binaries but freqently forget to provide
patches and description of tweaks they did to have succesful
compilation.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl