gpc compiler failed on Mac OS X 10.9.1

Thomas Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jan 31 22:39:09 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:12:16AM +0100, Adriaan van Os wrote:
> Thomas Schneider wrote:
> >I have Mac OS X 10.9.1 Maveric.  Pacal programs compile but fail to run:
> >
> >% cat tst.p
> >program h(output);
> >begin
> >writeln(output,'did');
> >end.
> >
> >% tst
> >dyld: no valid entry point
> >Trace/BPT trap
>
> I hope to find the find the time to investigate the problem.

Thanks!

> In the mean time, does it help to compile with an SDK, e.g.
>
> gpc -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.x.sdk/ tst.pas
>
> where x is 5, 6, 7 or 8 ?

Nope.  It turns out that x - only 4, 5, 6. exist.  I tried to upgrade
from developer.apple.com/xcode.  They say there that Xcode 5.02 has an
OS X 10.9 SDK.  When I was about to install I was told that there is
already a newer Xcode.app.  I don't have the 9 SDK at
/Developer/SDKs/.  Should I install the older version to get the 10.9
SDK?

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  http://schneider.ncifcrf.gov/ (current link)